Joined Rock December 2016
Trevor is a partner in Rock’s origination team and has over 20 years of experience in the European infrastructure market working across the transport, social infrastructure, power and renewables and communications sectors. Before joining Rock, he worked at major financing institutions, including Deutsche Bank, CIT Bank and, most recently, as regional project finance team head at HSBC, and he has been involved in many landmark financing deals, bringing together major clients, innovative commercial and financing structuring, and focussed and effective project management.
- Rock Rail East Midlands – Trevor ran the financing process that delivered a £400m financing for Rock Rail’s East Midlands deal – the transaction continues Rock’s run of successes in the UK rolling stock market and was delivered within a remarkable 22 days from appointment of preferred funder.
- Rock Rail South Western – Trevor ran the financing process that delivered a £1bn financing for Rock Rail’s South Western trains project – the transaction is the largest unrated privately placed infrastructure transaction in the UK market, and also the largest greenfield institutional investor project.
- Intercity Express Programme – Agility Trains West and Agility Trains East – Trevor acted as financial advisor to Agility Trains using an innovative combination of long term commercial bank debt, JBIC bank debt, NEXI export credit financing and EIB lending, to raise £5bn. The transaction was the largest ever privately financed UK rolling stock deal, pioneering the use of project financing techniques to fund new UK rolling stock and bringing both JBIC and NEXI into the UK infrastructure market. At Rock, Trevor supported the Rock/Dalmore/Equitix/JII consortium that acquired shares in Agility Trains West.
- Thameslink Refinancing – Trevor acted as financial advisor for Cross London Trains in delivering a c£1bn bank debt and EIB refinancing that significantly reduced the cost associated with the Thameslink financing. Careful lender management was required to ensure competitive tension was maintained in the refinancing process, delivering a repriced financing that took advantage of the reduction in funding costs.
- M8 Scotland – Trevor acted as financial advisor to the winning bidder on this Scottish PPP project – the financing structure was a combination of EIB debt and project bond financing, one of the first of its kind in the UK.
- Irish Roads – Trevor acted as financial advisor to DirectRoute in the financing of two road PPP schemes, the Rathcormac-Fermoy Bypass and the Limerick Tunnel. The schemes combined traffic risk with innovative financing solutions, with Limerick utilising an award winning wrapped conduit funding structure.
- Trevor acted as financial advisor to the winning bidders for the UK’s WAH-64 Apache Helicopter Training project and the Heavy Equipment Transport Project. The latter project developed the concept of Sponsored Reserves in defence PPPs, and utilised a wrapped LPI indexed private placement funding structure.
- Trevor acted as financial advisor to the winning bidder for the Buckinghamshire County Council Waste project, and as lender to the Milton Keynes Waste project. Both schemes used an innovative construction period financing that minimised funding costs and maximised council operational flexibility.
- Royal Liverpool and Sandwell Hospitals – Trevor acted as financial advisor to the winning bidder on these two late era UK hospital PPPs – both projects used fully developed debt funding competition approaches, and Sandwell was also the first fully PF2 compliant PPP scheme, using an equity funding competition approach.
- Blackburn Hospital – Trevor acted as financial advisor to this early period UK hospital PPP, with the financing based on a wrapped public bond model.
- Adana Hospital – Trevor acted as debt funder for this Turkish healthcare PPP.
- King Edward Memorial Hospital – Trevor acted as debt funder for this Bermudan healthcare PPP scheme, using competitive and contractual approaches based on the Canadian model.
- Trevor acted as financial advisor to ADWEA, the Abu Dhabi government’s power and water procurement authority, in respect of its competitive tender for the 1500MW Shuweihat power and water desalination plan.
- Trevor acted as joint financial advisor to O3B in its initial finance raising and in its subsequent expansion financing to fund a constellation of mid-earth orbit satellites to provide flexible broadband coverage across a number of global regions.